Hello! Welcome! I’m Jennifer Reidy. I love taking simple and classic recipes, making them gluten-free, then stepping them up a notch!
I began taking pictures of the food I was cooking in 2015, which is when I began taking gluten-free cooking seriously! It was also the first time I began experimenting with a DSLR camera. I still take pictures of all my food.
My interest in food started when I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease over 7 years ago. Cooking from scratch is what I learned, and the how to’s of gluten-free cooking, in my kitchen at home. It took some time, but I got the hang of it. Now, I’m so excited to share it all with you!
Blogging is something I fell into when I wanted to share not only recipes, but delicious food photography with viewers.
Ok, so, gluten-free! It’s easy! The key is to start from scratch and cook at home! I’ve got lots of different recipes and methods I use when making gluten-free dishes. Like there are so many ways to make gluten-free dishes by using fresh herbs, farm fresh beef, and stewing longer than you can imagine to get a flavor that doesn’t require adding more ingredients. The possibilities are really endless.
Here are just a few things about me:
- I have Celiac disease, so I will be your GO TO recipe chick for anything gluten-free!
- My background is in journalism and theatre. I’m very dramatic when telling stories. Why make them boring?
- I live in the Midwest, am married, and have two kids and a dog.
- I can’t eat shellfish because last time I did, I broke out in hives.
- My mother is from America, and my father is from the Middle East. Syria, to be exact!
- I was named after a cartoon giraffe, thanks to my siblings.
- My favorite dish is gluten-free pasta with olive oil, garlic, fresh basil and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- My favorite band is One Republic.
- My favorite food star is Ina Garten.
- I love the ocean, herb gardens, and my Nikon D850 camera with 105mm macro lens.
- I have a SAG card and drove out to L.A. to act years ago.
- My favorite movie is When Harry Met Sally. I’m a sucker for romantic comedies!
(Featured on MSN, Buzzfeed, WISH-TV News 8/ 2x Roberts Camera Gallery Night winner, BlogHer VOTY winner)